2014 Top Ten: Healthy-Living Goodies
Welcome to the end of the year: One top 10 post for each of the last 10 days of 2014.
Today: ten of my favorite healthy-living things from 2014.
- PlantFusion vanilla plant-based protein powder. Most every day my breakfast is two scoops of this. No soy, no whey – and it tastes better than any other I’ve had.
- Quart-sized Mason jars. They’re lovely and retro, and they’re nice and big, so I’ve abandoned normal glasses and these are what I drink out of – protein in the morning, then a gallon of water a day.
- Kleen Kanteen stainless steel water bottle. For when I’m not at home with my Mason jars. Even non-BPA plastic is questionable, and even the silicone-encased glass bottles shatter if you’re clumsy. So I’ve heard.
- Apple-pie Larabars. Raw, simple, cheap, indestructible, delicious, and perfect to throw in your car or bag as a just-in-case.
- Rx Smart Gear jump rope. Mine was cobbled together – handles and rope both hand-me-downs – from two Rx pieces, and I love it.
- Champion Shape tights. Forget Target and Reebox, Athleta and Lululemon… these are the best workout tights I’ve found. They don’t fall down, they aren’t see-through or shiny.
- Moving Comfort sports bras. Seriously the best – and $30-60 depending on the Amazon seller, so reasonably priced, too.
- Biotin. During my thyroid problems, piles of my hair fell out. My doctors suggested biotin supplementation, and now it’s as thick as it ever was, and my nails are crazy strong.
- Epsom salts. Peter got me into these years ago while Jane was taking ice baths while marathon training. Epsom soaks have magical properties. I swear.
- Josie Maran’s argan cleansing oil. My skin is very persnickety, but it loves this oil-only cleanser. Some people mix their own versions, but I trust Josie.
So. What’s one of your favorite healthy-living discoveries this year?